Saturday, 3 July 2010

Staffordshire University Exhibition Went Well!





The Exhibition in Stoke-on-Trent went really well. The opening evening was so packed you could barely move! I had a lot of interest in my work and even got the chance to see the first reaction to my images at the open evening :)It went like this:

The observer looked at my images... read the accompanying artist statement, then looked back to the photographs.... Then the look of realisation and surprise! Then they grabbed their partner and explained... then the look of realisation and surprise again! It was the perfect beginning to a wonderful night. I received a lot of feedback in my comments book. Here are a few of them:-

"Amazing! Your work would inspire primary children." - Sharon Partridge
"Absolutely Love these pictures! Could look at them for hours and that's coming from someone who doesn't usually like art! Well Done! Keep it up!" - Unknown
"Excellent! Fooled/tricked my eye/ brain... Clever + well executed. Love your long thin business cards too. All very well done" - Penny Vincent (Senior Lecturer, Arts Media & Design)

Thank you to those who attended the opening night, and especially those who commented in my book, it was much appreciated and really gave me an optimistic outlook of my work and future. Here is the link to the Art and Design show titled - "Amaze" for students graduating 2010, where you can find all the other artists in every department that took part this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment